[An occasional exercise in gratitude]
It’s Thursday and I’m thankful for….
- I belong to a church where women wearing pants to church is common. As are women in leadership.
- 1-year anniversary at work. My signing bonus is now all mine, instead of something I have to pay back if I leave. Also I get another week’s vacation next year.
- My own office, without a roommate.
- Upcoming 4-day weekend.
- Letting go of other people’s “Oh, but you have to do ________ for Christmas” and focusing on what I want to do.
- The man of the house, who has been supportive through work craziness in October / November.
- Splurging on things from tees to office toys because I can.
- Did I mention an upcoming 4-day weekend?
- Memories of a fun weekend of musical crafty goodness.
- Discovering that yes, washing the bed linens weekly (including the mattress pad) really really does affect my health. (AKA “This week’s stuffiness, headaches, and increased inhaler usage is Proof that the laundry is not make-work, damn it.)