[a not-always-weekly exercise in gratitude]
The man of the house baked a chicken with some rosemary this evening. He accompanied it with broccoli with cheese sauce, green beans steamed with red potatoes, corn cooked with onions, cold sliced beets, and French bread. As we were eating he said, “So did I make the Thankful Thursday this week?”
So. Um. Today I’m thankful for:
- The man of the house (and not just for cooking dinner!)
- The guest room TV is now connected to the VCR for using ancient aerobics tapes, and we cleaned, dusted, and vacuumed in there over the weekend so it doesn’t irritate my allergies to be in there.
- This positive article on Health At Every Size.
- Having my asthma under better control. I’m not only breathing (and feeling!) better, I’m also getting sick a lot less. I think some of those cold/flu “things” I would perennially have were asthma/allergies (and/or the asthma made me more susceptible to having them).
- New Alexander James Adams album to preorder. :)
This isn’t all that’s going on this week by any means. I just find it helpful to focus on the positive sometimes.