[a not-always-weekly exercise in gratitude]
1) The cold I had that kept me out of work for a week and low energy for another? Mostly gone!
2) Getting to be the able-bodied one this weekend. A friend was visiting who’d injured his back, so I was doing the lifting, opening doors, going into the grocery store for a scooter while he waited on the bench with his cane, and so forth. It felt good!
3) My walking speed may not be great, but I was able to do lots of walking without knee pain on Thursday and Friday. And the small amount I had Saturday and Sunday went away after … drumroll … 10 minutes’ steady walking. This is good because I spent most of the weekend at a conference.
4) The pain that developed in my hip Saturday and Sunday (while sleeping in the (very hard) hotel bed) has greatly diminished now that I’m home again.
5) Being told the work I’d done to pull off the conference was good :)