Everyone’s talking about Lincoln college requiring students with a BMI of 30 or larger to take a “Fitness for Life” class.
What I’m wondering is, what would you like to see in such a class? Not what is usually in such classes, or what Lincoln is including — what would rock your socks to see?
Here’s some ideas:
- Fitness isn’t necessarily thinness
- Why fitness is useful
- Why fitness marketing is often bunk
- Affects of dieting
- Critiquing popular fitness articles & ads
- Weightlifting and bodyweight strength training
- Dancing, walking, and other “stealth” aerobics
- Stretching and Yoga
What do you think? What would you add? I’d like to put in a weight-neutral “how to exercise” book but I’m not sure one exists…