This is a list of stores / catalogs that I’ve bought clothing from in the last few years. Certainly there are other sources of supersize clothing out there, but this is where I’ve acquired mine :)
- Making It Big. Catalog. Plus and supersize, mostly natural fiber clothing of good quality. I’m in the middle of their size range. They make pants in petite, regular, and tall. It’s where I get the “relaxed knit” pants I wear most days.
- Junonia. Catalog. Specializes in “active clothing for big women”, both plus and supersize. If you want a tennis skirt, ski pants, zip-leg convertible pants, or other sports clothing most stores assume fat people won’t need, check out Junonia. I’m at the top of their size range.
- Love Your Peaches. Catalog. I don’t get much here, but when I do it’s usually velvet. Both plus and supersize.
- Zaftique. Catalog. Stylish stuff for plus and supersize women that shows off curves; lots of velvet, lace, and goth styles. I’m at the top of their size range.
The above shops all use plus-sized and supersized models in their photos. Both Junonia and Peaches carry lots of swimwear, and even sell some tops and bottoms separately – great for those who are different sizes on top and bottom.
- Silhouettes is another catalog with plus and supersize clothing. It’s also one where I’ve had many more misses than hits. But lately I’ve picked up several sweaters there, some tops, and jeans. I’m at the top of their size range & get frustrated with how much of their stuff doesn’t go above 3x.
- Woman Within and Roaman’s are inexpensive catalogs I’ve tried recently. Not the best quality, but not bad. Again, I’m at the top of their size range.
- Catherine’s is a chain and catalog with plus and supersize clothing. I have gotten some good stuff there, like my nylon / fleece reversible jacket and red drawstring pants – but much of their stuff is too cutsy for me.
- Holy Clothing. Catalog. Romantic and goth stuff to size 5x.
- Lady Grace Bra heaven, though I’ve also found my favorite bra at Amazon. :)
- Lane Bryant Catalog – different company from the store, and goes up to higher sizes. I’ve recently got some good jeans from them & just ordered some sweaters.
- Lane Bryant and Avenue: I get underwear at LB and some bras & tops at these stores, but not much because I’m really above the stores’ size range.