- New job! I have a new job. The place I was temping hired me in late December. I’m not doing exactly the same job, which is both “new and scary” and “cool and interesting”. It’s also been interesting to note that the things I was looking forward to ending with the contract (the commute, say) are now things I’m stuck with, and the things I was thinking I’d miss (the walkability of the neighborhood) are now things I get to enjoy longer.
- According to the New York Times, my household is in the top 48% for the Seattle-Everett area this year (based on my unemployment for the first 3 months + contract for 8.5 months + signing bonus + hubby’s temp gig.)
- Asthma has been kicking my butt lately. My nurse practitioner upped my dose of Advair and OMG I had so! much! energy! this! week! I have been enjoying it but also crashing harder at the end of the day.
- A coworker was floored that I am able to pick up my father’s wheelchair and load it into my car. I pointed out that once I remove the back and seat, it collapses into a big flatish bundle. ”But isn’t it heavy?” About 40lbs, really … which doesn’t seem all that much to me. So I guess the weightlifting is doing me good.
- I have been reading more about caregiver stress and considering support groups. I feel a bit strange about doing it, since I’m not doing the daily hands-on care. But I am taking him to doctor visits, making medical decisions, getting his mail, managing his money, and being a supportive daughter.
Bonus: The new blog banner is a chocolate doughnut with chocolate frosting and Sounders green and blue sprinkles. These are sold by http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/ at Seattle Sounders games.